Cheese stuffed + bacon wrapped ANYTHING is already delicious, incorporate bratwurst into that flavor party and you’ve got a knockout dish! These are PERFECT for that “unofficial end” of summer + back to school cookout, just make sure to invite us! 😉
5 Slices of Gruyere Cheese
5-10 Slices of Bacon
1. Cut each bratwurst lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through, leaving 1” of the ends intact.
2. Stuff cheese inside cut portion of brat
3. Wrap each bratwurst with bacon, keeping the bacon snug*.
*If you run out of bacon before the bratwurst is covered, continue with another piece.
4. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
5. Place brats on heated grill and cook until bacon is crispy (about 4 minutes)
6. Rotate brats a quarter of a turn and repeat.
7. Continue until all four sides are cooked.